Work for us
Being employed at First Steps (Bath)
First Steps offers a fun, value led, reflective working environment with a mixture of highly trained and experienced staff and staff who are on their professional journey.
Over 28% of staff have been working for First Steps for over 10 years; and 44% have been with First Steps for over 5 years.
First Steps believes that well trained and well supported staff deliver best outcomes for children and their families.
We show we value our staff in the following ways:-
- Pay and conditions above the national average for the sector and above living wage.
- Ensuring that all staff have an individual training budget and a training plan linked to annual reviews.
- Enabling senior managers to explore opportunities for staff to grow and develop.
- Offering a 1/2 day 'rest' for staff who have no sickness over a 3 month period.
- Having an annual leave allowance which starts at 24 days + bank holidays, and an optional pension scheme with employer/employee matched contributions of 5%
- Providing uniform to get you started in your new job.
- Offering an opportunity to be part of an innovative growing charity with some fun social events.
Four Amazing Opportunities for Employment at First Steps.
- Bank Staff - to work across all our services and in our creches
- Nursery Practitioner term time at Moorlands
- Qualified Nursery Practitioner term time at Bath Opportunity Pre-school
- Senior Practitioner (maternity leave) at Twerton.
Application Pack for Bank Staff
Qualified Nursery Practitioner Term Time Only at Bath Opportunity Preschool
Application Pack for Senior Practitioner